Welcome to www.abbott.co.uk. This website is owned by Abbott Laboratories Limited. (Reg'd Co.No. 329102) whose registered office is Abbott House, Vanwall Business Park, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4XE.
- Abbott will take reasonable care to ensure that the information and content on the Abbott Website is accurate, complete, up to date, always available and does not infringe any third party rights. However, we do not guarantee that this is always the case. The Abbott Website and the content and information on it are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, with all faults. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Abbott hereby disclaims all representations and warranties relating to the information and content on the Abbott Website, whether express or implied, created by law, contract or otherwise, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of third party rights.
- The information and content on the Abbott Website do not constitute medical advice. You should consult your healthcare professionals for advice before you make any decisions relating to your treatment or care. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Abbott hereby disclaims all liability for any loss or damage which may be suffered by any person, whether suffered directly, indirectly, immediately or consequentially, and whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise which arises out of, or in connection with use of the Abbott Website or any treatment or care decisions which you make, except in the case of death or personal injury resulting from Abbott's negligence.
- Abbott is not responsible, and provides no warranty whatsoever, for the accuracy, effectiveness, timeliness and suitability of any information or content obtained from third parties, including any hyperlinks to or from third-party websites.
By using the Abbott Website, you agree to the following:
- Not to disrupt, amend or intercept information posted on the Abbott Website or on any of Abbott's servers;
- Not to attempt to circumvent any security features of the Abbott Website; and
- To abide by all applicable, national and international laws, rules and regulations.
Abbott will use reasonable efforts to make the Abbott Website available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we cannot guarantee this and take no responsibility for any loss or damage that occurs due to an interruption of access to the Abbott Website. Abbott may interrupt the Abbott Website for maintenance reasons and will endeavour to provide reasonable notice of any planned events.
The information, content and graphics published on the Abbott Website (the "Information") are owned by, or licensed to, Abbott. Permission to use the Information is granted, provided that: (i) the above copyright acknowledgement appears on all copies; (ii) use of the Information is for informational, non-commercial healthcare or personal use only; (ii) the Information is not modified in any way; and (iv) no graphics available from the Abbott Website are used separate from the accompanying text. For all other uses of the Information or any Abbott trademark, trade names or trade dress Abbott's prior written authorisation is required.
Abbott is not responsible for content provided by third-party providers and you are prohibited from distribution of such material without the permission of the owner of the copyright therein.
Except as permitted above, no licence or right, express or implied, is granted to any person under any patent, trademark or other proprietary right of Abbott.
Privacy and Security
An e-mail address and password system has been implemented on the Abbott Website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you safeguard your password appropriately.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the device used to access the Abbott Website is adequately secured and protected against malicious software or access by unauthorised persons. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Abbott shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost profits, whether arising directly or indirectly) suffered by any person as a result of interception or unauthorized access to their personal data, even if Abbott has previously been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Limitation of Liability
Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by their negligence, Abbott, its vendors, their respective directors, employees and agents (hereinafter "Abbott parties") hereby disclaim, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, liability for any loss or damage which may be suffered by any person, whether suffered directly, indirectly, immediately or consequentially, and whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise which arises out of, or in connection with: (i) use of, or inability to use, the Abbott Website; (ii) use of information or content on the Abbott Website; (iii) any services provided on or through the Abbott Website; and (iv) interception or unauthorized access to personal information submitted to the Abbott Website, including, without limitation, the following categories of loss or damage, whether or not Abbott has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage: (a) loss or corruption of data; (b) loss of profits; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of business opportunity;(e) loss of goodwill; (f) loss of reputation; and (g) special damage.