Abbott in the UK is headquartered in Maidenhead, Berkshire and is home to approximately 250 office-based staff and a further 300+ field-based staff. Together, we develop healthcare solutions designed specifically for the UK — from next-generation diagnostic tools that put patients on the path to better health sooner to trusted medicines that help people of all ages stay active and vital.
Abbott Maidenhead provides a variety of commercial functions:
• Our nutrition business develops a variety of science-based products that nourish infants, children and adults — from oral nutritional supplements to tube feeds.
• A leader in in vitro diagnostics, we offer a broad range of innovative ways for hospitals, labs, blood banks and clinics to diagnose and monitor health conditions with greater accuracy, speed, convenience and cost-efficiency.
• As an emerging leader in the field of molecular diagnostics, we're helping physicians diagnose disease faster, select appropriate therapies and monitor disease progression by analysing DNA, RNA and proteins at the molecular level.
• Our point-of-care diagnostic tools provide rapid, accurate and reliable test results at the bedside using just two or three drops of blood.
• Our state-of-the-art blood glucose meters provide fast, accurate results and make testing more comfortable.
• We're transforming the treatment of vascular disease through next-generation devices, investments in research and development, and educational resources for healthcare professionals.
Abbott Maidenhead hires a variety of commercial positions including, sales, marketing, finance, field engineering, procurement, human resources, and legal.