Abbott is creating tests to help detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus
and better understand the spread of COVID-19
PanbioTM COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device for professional use is currently the only rapid antigen test with:1
- CE Mark and World Health Organisation (WHO) Emergency Use Listing (EUL) for use on people with or without symptoms
- Performance data specific for use on children who are 15 years and younger, including infants
Using data established with the professional use PanbioTM COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device, Panbio has excellent test performance with comfortable nasal swab:2
In clinical evaluations with self-test users, the test correctly identified 95.2% of positive samples and 100% of negative samples.3
PanbioTM COVID-19 Ag helps identify potentially COVID-19 contagious people, with or without symptoms, in 15 minutes.
PanbioTM COVID-19 Ag has an easy-to-use, simple procedure with a comfortable nasal swab that is inserted only 2 CM into the nose.
PanbioTM COVID-19 Ag has a range of convenient kit sizes:
Simple, fast and accurate with molecular results
for COVID-19, Flu, RSV and Strep A
ID NOW™ is the fastest point-of-care molecular platform on the market.3
ID NOW™ utilises proven isothermal molecular technology in an intuitive platform, providing the fastest, highly sensitive molecular results in the market at 2 to 13 minutes.4
- Small and portable. Maximises bench space and can be used at the point of care
- Visual touchscreen interface with step-by-step instructions
- Automated on-screen results eliminate all subjectivity and interpretation errors
- Colour-coded test consumables to guide the user
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to industry-leading open-platform connectivity solutions
Detects SARS-CoV-2 in 13 minutes or less5
- Molecular COVID-19 test results in minutes enable immediate clinical decisions during the first patient visit
- Easy to use platform designed for point of care use in a variety of healthcare settings
- Direct sample types include:
- Throat swab
- Nasal swab
- Nasopharyngeal swab
The fastest molecular flu test just got faster and even better
- Now with early detection – positive results in as few as 5 minutes6
- Detects up to 42% more true positives than rapid antigen detection tests7
- Room temperature storage
The fastest RSV results when it matters most
- Actionable results in 13 minutes or less
- 25% more true positive than rapid antigen detection tests8,9
- Room temperature storage
Now the fastest Strep A test without the need for culture confirmation
- The fastest Strep A test – positive results in as few as 2 minutes10
- Enhanced molecular sensitivity eliminates the need for culture confirmation of negative result11
- Nearly 90% fewer false negatives than rapid antigen detection tests11,12*
* Based on the reported sensitivities of RADTs and ID NOW Strep A 2.
1. Abbott Press Release: Abbott's Panbio™ Rapid Antigen Test Now Has a CE Mark for Use on Children; First Rapid Antigen Test with Performance Data on Children.
2. Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device Instructions For Use. 2021.
3. Abbott's Panbio™ Rapid Antigen Self-Test Receives CE Mark, Increasing Access to Fast, Reliable COVID-19 Testing in the United Kingdom.
4. Abbott Press Release: Abbott Introduces the Next Generation of Influenza A & B and Strep A Assays with Fastest-Ever Time to Molecular Results.
5. Internal clinical data held on file.
6. Moore N, et al. Evaluation of the Alere™ i Influenza A & B 2 Assay. 2018 ASM Clinical Virology Symposium, West Palm Beach, FL. Poster.
7. Chartrand C, et al, Accuracy of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests A Meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2012;156(7);500-511.
8. Chartrand C, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of rapid antigen detection tests for respiratory syncytial virus infection: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Microbiol. 2015;53(12):3738-3749.
9. ID NOW RSV Product Insert.
10. ID NOW™ Strep A 2 clinical trial data, held on file.
11. ID NOW™ Strep A 2 Product Insert.
12. Cohen JF, et al. Rapid antigen detection test for group A streptococcus in children with pharyngitis (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2016, Issue 7.
Please be aware that the website you have requested is intended for the residents of a particular country or region, as noted on that site. As a result, the site may contain information on pharmaceuticals, medical devices and other products or uses of those products that are not approved in other countries or regions.
The website you have requested also may not be optimized for your specific screen size.
Links which take you out of Abbott worldwide websites are not under the control of Abbott, and Abbott is not responsible for the contents of any such site or any further links from such site. Abbott is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Abbott.
The website that you have requested also may not be optimized for your screen size.
Do you wish to continue and exit this website?